Friday, December 5, 2008

Blog Assignment # 9

This is my first English class since 1992. I have never been a good student overall but, I remember getting good grades in English and being told I was a good writer in high school. I thought this class would be a breeze when I signed up for it. I learned better from the start. Although the class really was not that hard at all I struggled with disciplining myself to spend time each day working on my assignments rather then procrastinating until the last minute. I have had a very ruff few months with my personal life so staying focused on school was complicated.

The way the course was set up was pretty much black and white. I knew what I had to do in plenty of time to get it done. I didn’t like the theme being on the paranormal at first. I am a big chicken and try not to think about ghost and things of that nature. After I started writing my papers I actually started to get interested in it all though. I even got brave enough to write about Waverly Hills. I learned that paranormal activity is real and I am no longer a skeptic. I also learned how to write everything in the proper format and how to organize my thoughts into words that actually make sense on paper. I am now able to articulate myself much better.

I did have fun throughout this course. Even though I procrastinated throughout this course and I am far from cured from my procrastinating ways, when I actually sat down and did all my assignments I really enjoyed gaining all the knowledge. It was fun putting together everything just the way we were told to. Anticipating the posting of your grades and wanting to hear what your peers had to say about your work was kind of exciting. I truly did like this course.

If I could do anything differently I would get all my work done and turn everything in on time. It’s 9:34am right now and I have to rush through to get this blog posted. This will be something I will continue to struggle with and have to make a conscience effort on curing in my daily life. This is also the first time I take online classes and I didn’t realize how easy it is to forget to check your assignments because you get caught up in your daily life.

I want to say thank you Professor Stacy for being a wonderful and patient teacher. Thank you for laying everything out for us in elementary terms and being available to us when needed. Thank you for being understanding and caring to personal issues that came about. I learned that being in collage is a challenge when you have a professor that is hard to deal with or that no one likes. It really does make a huge difference in your learning experience when you mesh well with your teacher. You truly rock!

No comments: